URGENT – FIRE WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
239 PM EDT FRI APR 17 2015
Rapid Wildfire Spread in Possible Saturday Afternoon
Potter-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour- Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-
The National Weather Service in Stste College has issued a Fire Weather Watch in Effect From Saturday Afternoon Through Saturday Evening for the Central Ridge and Valley Region of Pennsylvania and much of the Susquehanna Valley
* WINDS…NORTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* TIMING…NORTHWEST WINDS LESS THAN 10 MPH SATURDAY MORNING WILL
INCREASE IN THE AFTERNOON…HELPING TO QUICKLY DRY OUT FINE
FUELS…SUCH AS LEAF LITTER AND TWIGS.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY…AS LOW AS 24 PERCENT.
* TEMPERATURES…65 TO 70 DEGREES ACROSS NORTHERN
PENNSYLVANIA…AND BETWEEN 70 AND 75 DEGREES IN CENTRAL AND
* IMPACTS…The Potential Exists for Rapid Development and
Spread of Wild Fires…or for Prescribed Burns to get out of Control.
OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
A fire weather watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.