The Hope Hose Company #2 is now accepting applications for all membership types as well as for our Live-In Program.
The company is celebrating 134 years of service to the community and currently operates an Engine Company with EMS First Response capability, 100 foot Tower Ladder and 105 foot Ladder.
The station is under a mile from Lock Haven University nestled in the heart of downtown Lock Haven. There is also easy commuter access to Route 220 via Paul Mac Blvd. which is one block from the station with a 27 miles from Williamsport’s Lycoming Collegeand the Pennsylvania College of Technology and 37.1 miles to State College, home of Penn State Main Campus.
Another asset available to members living in the area or in station as a Live-in is that the Pennsylvania State Fire Academy is located in Lewistown, PA which is only a 51.6 mile drive.
The Hope Hose Company #2 was formed in June of 1881 to protect the lives and property of the City of Lock Haven and was located in an Engine House on North Grove Street near the corner of East Church Street as a volunteer department. Today it is a combination department that is partially funded by the City of Lock Haven. Currently we have twenty (20) Volunteers and three (3) paid staff including one (1) full-time and two (2) part-time drivers that are provided by the City of Lock Haven.
What we have to offer
– Strong Volunteer Base
– Excellent Leadership
– Experienced Company Officers
– Brand new Bunk/Study room
– Free High Speed Wireless Internet
– Progressive department averaging 300 calls a year
– Opportunities for Promotion and Employment within the Company
- At least 14 years of age
- No previous training required*
- Criminal background check
- Completion of Essentials of Firefighting or EMT within 12 months, Firefighter 1 within 18 months**
* Live-In program requires at minimum Essentials of Firefighting or EMT, Preferred Firefighter 1
** Junior and Administrative personnel are exempt from this requirement
If you have any questions or would like to speak to an officer please contact any of them listed on this page, come in or call the fire house at (570) 748-5958 and ask for the Captain or Chief.