Today, June 29th 2015, Hope Hose Company #2 of Lock Haven will be opening bids for its retired Canteen Unit. This will be a “sealed-bid” process.
If you or your organization are interested in placing a bid to purchase the Canteen Unit you must adhere to the following:
- A letter addressed to Hope Hose Co. 2 Lock Haven, Pa 17745.
- The letter must contain the bidders name, address, telephone number, email, amount of the bid, and that the bid is for the “WHITE 1988 FORD P400 STEP VAN/ CANTEEN UNIT.”
- Organizations that wish to place a bid must have the name and signature of the organization’s President/ CEO and one other name/ signature from the organization’s Treasurer OR Secretary. The organizations bid must be on an organizational approved letterhead.
All bids must also adhere to the following:
- All bids must be received by Hope Hose Co. 2 of Lock Haven by July 13th 2015 at 1800 hours.
- You may request an appointment to look at the unit for sale but no appointments can be guaranteed. We are, after all an emergency services provider, our primary concern is responding to emergencies and other related duties.
- Bidding starts at $2,500.
- After notification, the winning bidder will have two weeks to remove the vehicle from Hope Hose/ City of Lock Haven property and pay the bid amount in full or the bid will move to the second highest bid and so on until the vehicle is sold.
- The winning bidder is responsible for all transfer fees and any other fees that the bidder feels is necessary to remove the vehicle from Hope Hose/ City of Lock Haven property.
Here is some information about the vehicle:
- The vehicle was originally transferred to the Lock Haven Salvation Army from the Stroudsburg Salvation Army. After a few years of service the unit was then transferred to Hope Hose Company 2 where it was used mostly as a fundraising unit.
- Included with the vehicle is a propane grill, sink, mini-fridge with surface top “chiller,” and top opening ice cream freezer.
- Vehicle is a 1988 Ford P400 series Step Van. 4 speed manual transmission. Carburetor/ inline 6 motor.
- The vehicle is being sold “as is” condition.