URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service State College PA 854 PM EST Sat Mar 11 2017
Potter-Northern Clinton-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Blair- Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Tioga- Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming- Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin- Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Coudersport, Renovo, Philipsburg, State College, Altoona, Huntingdon, Mount Union, Lewistown, Mifflintown, Bedford, McConnellsburg, Chambersburg, Mansfield, Wellsboro, Trout Run, Laporte, Lock Haven, Williamsport, Lewisburg, Selinsgrove, Danville, Sunbury, Shamokin, Bloomsburg, Berwick, Newport, Harrisburg, Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York, and Lancaster 854 PM EST Sat Mar 11 2017
…WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY EVENING… The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter Storm Watch, which is in effect from Monday evening through Tuesday evening.
* LOCATIONS…Much of central Pennsylvania.
* HAZARD TYPES…Heavy snow and potential for blowing and drifting snow.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS…Potential for 6 or more inches of snow.
* TIMING…Snow will begin Monday evening from west to east. The heaviest snow will occur Late Monday night and overnight into Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Heavy snow may cause significant travel disruptions, dangerous travel conditions and isolated power outages.
* WINDS…Northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Review winter weather safety and preparedness information at weather.gov/winter.