Our Heritage Room is one way we can honor those that came before us in the emergency services. You will find a bell that was mounted on a Mack pumper engine that served the City of Lock Haven for over 30 years, display boards of uniform patches from all over the United States, paintings that were completed by staff assigned to the Hope Hose station, and photos capturing the selfless acts of courage by firefighters serving their community.
The Heritage Room is used by the Hope Hose Company for meetings, training, and other fire service related events but is also available to the general public for use.
Some of the events held in our Heritage Room by the general public include baby showers, birthday parties, wedding receptions, Christmas parties, and group meetings. There is not a set fee for rental of the Heritage Room but we ask for a minimum donation of $40 for a one day rental. The form to apply for usage of the Heritage Room can be found under the “Documents” heading, then click “Building Usage” or by clicking on the link below. Once the form is printed off and completed you can either mail it to the station or drop it off to the station between 8am and 9pm. If you are dropping the completed form off at the station, you can leave the form on the counter in the front lobby.
Once the completed Building Usage Form is received, it is reviewed by the Company at our monthly meeting which is held the second Tuesday of every month where it is then either approved or denied. You will then be contacted to notify you of the status.
Some items included with rental of the Heritage Room includes:
- Access to restrooms
- A full kitchen
- 12 tables
- 30 chairs
There are a few restrictions associated with Heritage Room use also:
- Open 8am till 9pm. EVERYONE MUST BE OUT OF THE BUILDING BY 9PM!
- No pets
- No drugs or alcohol on property
- No smoking inside the building, smoking receptacles are located outside the front and rear entrances.
- You make a mess, you clean it up
- Children (and some adults) need to be supervised and not wondering around in the apparatus bays. Keep in mind this is a fire station with vehicles entering and exiting the apparatus bays. If you would like to look at the fire trucks and equipment notify the on-duty staff and they would be happy to show you around.
- We ask that parties be limited to 25 people.
Effective 4/12/16 a minimum donation of $40.00 per rental is requested.
Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.